Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Choosing the right protein powder

Choosing the right protein powder can be a challenge. There are numerous products on the market that usually claim you will get big consuming there products. Most of these products contain a laundry list of ingredients. You might notice ingredients like casein(milk)proteins, whey protein concentrates, artificial sweeteners and flavors, and some may contain preservatives. What happen to just plain "protein"?
Protein powders can be a handy tool to fill the gap between daily protein intake needs to our actual diets. I have tried most of the popular brands on the market today. I have noticed a trend, that the better the taste, the more ingredients they have. Hmmmmm....
I don't usually get up on my soap box, but I have found a great protein powder. HAMMER WHEY, is 100% whey protein isolate. The only other ingredients are Glutamine and natural flavors(vanilla or chai). WOW!!
What is the difference between whey protein concentrate versus whey protein isolate?
Well, I'm glad you asked!
Whey protein concentrate runs only 70-80% protein. Whey protein isolate runs 90-97% protein. Simply put, whey protein isolate is a purer protein, more bang for the buck! Whey protein isolate is also virtually lactose and fat free. Hammer Whey provides you with a cleaner, higher quality protein without breaking the bank. I know, I sound like an infomercial.
So, give it a shot!! You can visit there website at http://hammernutrition.com
Trainer Todd

No comments:

Site Counter