Thursday, November 6, 2008

ENJOY YOUR FITNESS

HELLO ALL!! I was reminded by one of my clients this week that you should enjoy your fitness. Whether it is yoga, Pilate's, resistance training, running or hitting the elliptical in the gym you will tend to see better results if you look forward to fitness during your daily grind. You will more likely to stick with it over the long term as well. This helps with that rollercoaster weight loss and inconsistant fitness levels.
In a time where fitness modes are analyzed and media blitzed to the popular Hollywood fitness trends. Every year there are new products, exercises, and training methods that will get you "fitter faster". Sometimes it all seems overwhelming. What fitness modes should I choose to loose the pounds faster? What trainer is the best and most efficient? What overpriced fitness equipment do I buy this year to use as a clothes hanger? The one thing we overlook in these decisions is simply What activity do I like? I take it for granted. I put on my running shoes and hit the pavement. Running is my decompression, my office, my therapist, and my euphoria. Those of you who have felt that exercise high know what I mean. So sit down and ask yourself "WHAT FITNESS DO I ENJOY?" Make a list of the pros and cons of a few exercise modes. If you haven't found it yet, try something new. Stretch that comfort zone. Who knows, you might like it!! TRAINER TODD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point. I've been searching for that one thing that I like for years...still haven't found it, but still trying to find it.

Site Counter