Thursday, January 8, 2009

Preparation

Preparation!! We here this term used often in post game interviews with the winning team or individual of a sporting event. It is also applied in our daily schedules from carpool duties to work meeting presentations to personal activities to the food we consume.
I like to throw this word around with my clients. It is all about the preparation! Whether it be your early morning run, spin class, after work bike ride, yoga class, or the foods you are eating. If you are not prepared, then you are not setting yourself up for success in your chosen activity.
Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Lance Armstrong are the best at their sports because they are meticulous about their preparation. They cross every "T" and dot every "I". That is where it begins. I usually run my best races when I have driven the course, planned my diet pre and post race, stretched, and warmed up prior to the event. It is like a routine or regiment that I go through.
This can apply to your own success in the gym, diet, or daily life events. You need to have a game planned out. That is the hard part. The easy part is execution! So get that gym bag packed the night before, write out a menu for the week, make sure your exercise equipment is running properly, and don't forget the pre and post workout meals!!

No comments:

Site Counter