Wednesday, October 15, 2008

COMFORT ZONES

We all have these imaginary boundaries, I like to call COMFORT ZONES! I had the pleasure of being a guest at a Lion's Club function the other week. The guest speaker was Chad Morris, Head Football Coach at Lake Travis High. He gave a very inspiration speak on comfort zones. I'm not one who usually buys into these sort of speeches, but he struck a nerve.
Chad is in his first year as head coach. He has some big shoes to fill, since Lake Travis High won the Texas State Football Championship last season. He previously coached at a smaller school. So he is definitely out of his comfort zone. From relocating his family to new players and their parents, to new coaching staff. That is a lot of jumping outside those comfort zones that we fight so hard to build and protect.
While Chad was giving his motivating lecture, I was amazed how this scenario of breaking out of our comfort zones applied to myself. I have just started my own small business without any safety net. I haven't had time to reflect on this until now!! What the heck was I thinking. I'm in my 30's, and I decide to change my life now. No wonder I can't sleep at night. Chad gave me another bit of advise. You have to let the people around you be a part of your comfort zone. Everyone wants to take ownership and be a part of something. WOW!! This guy might be on to something. I was getting FIRED UP just listening to him. I challenge you to let me know, what I can do to push your fitness comfort zone!!
We all break through these comfort zones at different periods in our life. Whether you have just relocated your family, started a new career, or tried a new fitness activity for the first time. We have the great ability to adapt both mentally and physically. When we push harder and longer at the gym or in class, the next time it will get easier and you will do better. That is what makes us successful. So, get out there and try something new in life!! Take ownership of those cardio workouts and embrace our time in the gym!! Okay, that is deep enough for now!! TRAINER TODD says "Take it to the next level"!!

No comments:

Site Counter