Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trainer Todd's RANT

HELLO ALL! I hope everyone is enjoying their spring training regiments. Longer days= more training opportunities! With that being said, Here goes. I try not to use this blog forum to push my personal attitudes and views. However, I recently rode the Shiner Ride. This is a 100 mile ride. A group starts from Austin and another from Houston. We met in the middle at the Shiner Brewery. Yes, there was plenty of cold Shiner waiting to be consumed at the finish line. The employees and the volunteers were GREAT!! My RANT is with cyclists wearing headphones plugged into their ipods while being surrounded by 2,000 other riders. Are you kidding me? There is a place and time to listen to your ipod, riding at 20 mph with cyclists surrounding you is NOT!!! I will be the first to admit I enjoy my ipod, but this is a disaster waiting to happen. I see more and more cyclists plugged in. This is a serious road hazard. I've got an idea, how about you go out for a run or ride and just enjoy the activity. I'm also amazed at the number of runners that choose to strap on their headphones on race day, especially when the organizers have made it a point to tell you NOT to wear headphones in the information handout. I challenge every runner and cyclist to spend training time and on race day ipod free!! Who knows, You might learn something about yourself! Turn it off, Trainer Todd

No comments:

Site Counter