Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quick Thought

HELLO ALL!! Are you enjoying your summer training programs? I hope you all are putting together a game plan to keep active on those summer vacations!
I wanted to share a quick thought with you all. I was out cycling the other afternoon in the 100 degree Texas heat. I found myself focused on how bad I felt and how much the heat sucked! I decided to ease off my pace, relax and psychologically change my focus and attitude to a positive one. I embraced the miles I had remaining left on my ride instead of counting them down on my bikes odometer. Needless to say The second half of my ride was better!
It always amazes me how strong of influence the mind has over the body. So, next time you're having a bad workout, game, or race think positive and don't defeat yourself psychologically.
TRAINER TODD

No comments:

Site Counter